Saturday, November 21, 2009

Giving Thanks

I have said many times that our current situation is hard and it can be very easy to dwell more on the bad than the blessings. With Thanksgiving around the corner and all of the commercials and different updates that people are doing on their Facebook's, I just think about it more and more and remember that though this year has been difficult, I HAVE been blessed beyond measure.
I have my life and my health. I have my children who have their lives and health. I have my husband who works so hard, is always helpful to every single person who might need anything even though is in constant pain. I have my dad who, seemingly, has nine lives and though he has several health problems, he stays positive and really lifts me up when I'm feeling sad. I have my mom who helps so much when I need it. I have my sister who I look up to so much for her strength and motivation and knowledge. I don't think I could've gotten through Kade or Kellan's births without her and Duane working as a team. I couldn't have gotten through Kade's newborn stages as well as we did. I couldn't get through most of the challanges I face without her to talk to and her guidance. I'm thankful for all my siblings and extended family. I am so thankful to have such a huge, widespread family. I am thankful for the roof over my head, my working vehicles, the friends that have stuck around and enriched my life. I am thankful for my faith and the gospel. I am thankful for the lessons learned daily. I know this too shall pass and this few years of struggle will be all worth it for the 50+ years of bliss.

I found this video and just love it and how greatful it makes me feel.


My two little blessings

No comments: