Sunday, May 2, 2010

The 3 Year Old

There is something about this 3 year old phase. It is touch and go with Kade. One moment, I want to rip my hair out from the attitude, overly active imagination(aka turning everything into a GUN!), tantrums, back-talk, and dawdling(aka taking 5 hours to get out the door!).The next I am so full of love, joy, contentment, and pride for his sweet disposition, vivid imagination, affection, love of learning, and how good of a big brother he is. We get a lot of "Mama Kade-A Time." I love sitting and listening to his stories, the explainations he comes up with, the general funny things he says, and of course the cuddles. Here are a few pictures to just better illustrate for you:)

I am always very hesitant to buy building blocks or legos or anything like that for him, because he tends to turn things into guns right away. I know, its in the blood, the genes, but I am still trying to delay the gun obsession. We are in the thick of it right now(more like the downhill side). Because of the police officer obsession, the gun obsession manifests itself quite often in an aggressive way(I think he walked in on someone watching cops or something and now thinks that police officers are loud and aggressive, which nakes for a fun day when he decides he is "Officer Bob Kade Liam Handsome." See what I mean by a wild imagination!)


At least there is a balance. This is my favorite picture of him right now. He is telling me a police officer story:)





I just love this picture too. He is such a sweet boy. Be still my heart!


He loves school! I had to pull him out a couple months ago because we were sick for so long and workman's comp cut our income down IN HALF(that is a whole other issue and post in itself!) but with the swim school doing so well, I am able to work a lot more and put him back in. He is a happy camper. I snapped this photo for an Appaman post I did over at In The Know Mom, as we were walking out the door to go to school.


I love watching my sweet big boy grow up and learn more and more about life and watch him develop. I am so increidbly blessed to be this little boy's mama. It is no joke when I say that when I look at him and John Lennon's "Beautiful Boy" plays in my head and I am always near tears with an overwhelming sense of love and gratitude. It those stress hormones, I swear!

No comments: