Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lazy me

I haven't blogged in a while. I've just been dealing with a lot...I have a Protein S deficiency and because only a few thousand people have it worldwide(not to mention I am my doctor's first case in his 23 years as an OB) there is not much research or really any guidelines of treatment to go by. Basically, it makes my blood more likely to clot and since the baby's veins are so tiny, I have to take baby Asprins to thin my blood until I'm 28 weeks at which point my blood will be a good consistency to the baby's veins. If this treatment is not working, I have to give myself a shot every day. Sounds fun...They don't know any cause other than gentics and since my dad has had kidney failure, stroke, heart attack, clots in his legs etc., they are leaning toward the possiblity that it comes from him. So, I need to go back in his medical records to find if he's ever been tested for it.


Other than that, dad's leg is sooo much better. He can put weight on it now which makes him want to be incredibly independent and go on his crutch alone which is not going to happen again after I asked him if he wanted to end up back in the wheelchair:)


No luck yet on the job front. I'm staying positive. The basics of it is the economy sucks and Duane's line of work is production so if people aren't spending money, there is no production, hence no need for new employees. The frustrating thing is he just needs a temporary job until May when he finishes his classes necessary to join the electrician's union(my dad did it for 40 years and my 2 other brothers do it and he is very intrigued and needless to say, he's making my Dad proud so that helps him:)


My denial of the fact that Kade is almost two is worsening. "He's almost 21 months!" I have to correct people when they call him a two year old:) And to prove that he is HUGE I have recent pictures that blow even my mind

Playing baseball outside before church





Ok, so here is where the big boy in him makes me sad...we are a BIG sports family and he is definately part of the family:) He starts with almost perfect form





And THEN, look at how he follows throught with his foot...his dad and grandpa were pretty amazed...haha


I am trying to accept that in 3 months, my man will be 2 which then means in 3 months after that, I will have a newborn little baby love. Though I have been sad about being pregnant and Duane being laid off, I am almost glad that I am pregnant while this was happening because I have something to look forward to, something to be positively hopeful for and even when I get sad or worried, the joy of how amazing this whole process is is overwhelming. It is most definately a blessing:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of that blood clotting dilemma while watching baby shows on tv. Having to give yourself a shot everyday sounds painful but we do what we need to for our babies, right? I don't know if I've mentioned that my husband went through the electrical union and graduated a few years back. I think it's a great career for him. His father also has been an electrician with the local union for many many years and was so proud of his son when he decided to do it too. Anyway, good luck to your husband in finding where he needs to be.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is some good form he has! What a natural.

Stacey said...

The cutest little boy ever!