Monday, October 6, 2008

how's this for an update

Duane got laid off today. Gotta love the economy. They had to downsize and it really sucks. They got him severence pay, which was nice of them. They do, however, have to pay Duane workmans comp when he gets his knee surgery in the next couple weeks for the fall he had at work back around December.

So, my medical expires October 31st. I've been stressed out all day about not having money and I just realized, "Oh wait, I'm not gonna have medical insurance for my unborn child!"

I'm kind of freaking out and Duane is really down on himself and I am trying my hardest to stay strong for him and let him know that there was nothing he could've done different.

So, I will keep you updated on the job search, considering that will be our lives for the next however long it takes.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so sorry this has happened to your family. I'll be praying for you guys and hope your hubby finds a new job soon!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. My husbands job is kind of unstable and he was laid off early this year. It took a while for him to get a new job, it was scary and honestly we are still trying to make up for that time he was not working. It's tough times right now, I'm right there with you! I know your hubby will find a job asap. I'll be praying for you!

Andrea said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Stupid Economy. I hope things make a sharp turn for the better soon! Good Luck!!