Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kellan Seymour



He has arrived! Kellan Seymour Hansen was born Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 3:07 AM weighing in at...are you guys ready for it???
9 lbs 7 oz.....20.5 inches long!!! Thats 2.5 oz heavier than his big brother:) He looks so much like Kade and has the same facial expressions e.g. furrowing of the eyebrows, pursing of the lips. Here is a comparison for the people who need it:

Kade at 2 days old:

Kellan at 2 days old:

They both have Papa's eyes and Mom's mouth. They both have the pronounced forehead and widow's peak. Kellan's hair is surprisingly darker than expected but Kade's hair was too and he lightened up after is all fell out:)

I was induced Monday morning and it was very slow labor. I did not want them to break my water bag or give me pitocin, so it went a lot longer than it could have. I gave in to the water bag at 6:30 pm and then the pitocin at 2:30 am. That moved things right along and by the time I had to push, within 2 pushes, he was out. Needless to say I was DONE being pregnant and didn't care how badly it was going to hurt, I needed him out:) From the pushing, his face was bruised pretty bad, but it has cleared up for the most part now.
We are so in love with our little handsome addition and are really enjoying the time we have while Duane is home. Kade is adjusting really well. His attitude has been a little off(saying NO more often when he asked to do something, being more active etc) but for the most part, he hasn't had any issues that concern me too much at all. He loooves his little brother and is very sweet and gentle towards him. So far he has no issues with me holding him so much. It's a relief to say the least.

We wanted to get out of the house today, so even though we probably should've let ourselves sleep in, we went to church. Here is a cute shot of the boys after church:)



Kellan all ready for church


And a quick one for his first bath



I'm sure I'll have a lot more soon. I can't keep the camera off of him, he just melts my heart:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking yesterday about you and how you must have had your baby by now. CONGRATULATIONS! Kellan is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Such a cutie pie!

Jenny said...

CONGRATS! Sorry I didn't post sooner, I've been kind of AWAL.