Friday, August 29, 2008

and now for the bad news...and some joy:)

So, this morning at 3:00 am, I get a call from my dad who was house-sitting for my mom. He had fallen and couldn't walk. So, while our close friend stayed with the baby(who by the way, I really need to stop calling the baby:), Duane and I drove to Tracy with a wheelchair not knowing what to expect, have to crawl through a completely out-of-reach window(the doors are locked, Dad is upstairs) and go up to him. It turns out he was walking up out of the family room, which is a step-down room(like 2 steps) and tripped on a cord that runs across the step. He fell on his knee and tried to catch his fall with his stroke-affected arm and well, that didn't work out too well considering it can't hold any weight. So I convinced him to let me take him to the ER and 5 hours later, he broke his pinky finger on his right hand. The knee, they can't really tell because in the xrays, he has so much arthritis that they couldnt tell if is had dislocated of there was any damage. So, they sent us home in an immobilizer and told us if the pain persists after a week to follow up with his primary doctor. Well, I decided to just write his doctor and requst the MRI now, but before I could even do it the next doctor on shift at the ER called and told us that he thinks he needs the MRI now so he called Stockton and ordered it. Dad is in pain and laid up in bed and cannot walk but the Percocet is doing him well.

I'm gonna make a complete 180 here in subject really quick though. So, as I didn;t get to sleep, my friend took Kade today with her on errands so that I could nap. When they got home, Kade went right to sleep and about an hour later, he woke up in a foul mood and didn't want anything but to stand up and cry half asleep. So, I brought him into my bed where he drank some milk and fell asleep. And as my usually little mischevious man lay there, I sneezed and in his sleep, he mumbles,"sss-yuuu" aka "bless you." I sneezed again and he said it again and then went back into his deep sleep. I couldn't help but think to myself, "He is the most perfect thing I have ever seen." So of course, I jumped up to take some picture of his perfection:)

from his little "iggieshhh" aka piggies..haha






to his little blonde curls



to his sweet little face and lips




He is absolute pure perfection and a song popped in my head, a country song,"You're Gonna Miss This," by Trace Atkins and being as hormonal as I am, you better bet I started to tear up. Haha...
So to sum it up, in the wake of what seemed to begin to be a horrible day, I found something that brought be joy and though I would share it with you:)

No comments: