Thursday, August 28, 2008

new beginnings

So for while there recently, our lives had been very chaotic and filled with other people every second and what was good for everyone involved. Now that we have the new house and its just us(well and Dad but I couldn't imagine him not being here to see Kade grow up) , and I am no longer working outside of the home, I am really just at a wonderful place in my life. I am figuring out my hobbies, doing things for myself more instead of always for others. Don't get me wrong, doing things for others is amazing and very fulfilling but you find you and your family getting lost in everyone elses's needs.

I have started going to a little playgroup here. Today, we went to Pump It Up, which is an indoor jumphouse park kind of. Kade was very hesitant at first but warmed up to it to the point of not wanting to leave. He loveees basketball(during the Olympics, he just sat there with Grandpa entrhalled in what he was seeing) and there was a jump house with baskets and balls in it and he was in it for a half hour. He absolutely loved it.. And I really loved getting to know moms in this area and getting out of my sometimes stressful life and just spending time on me and Kade.

And...on the news front...

We're Pregnant!!!!

HaHa! I am 4 weeks along and have calculated the due date at May 4th, 2009. I haven't gotten into the doctor's yet because I just found out yesterday. At first, because I have a history of miscarraige, we weren't going to announce it until I was out of the 1st Trimester but in my experience it feels so much better to celebrate every second of it than worry about it and attempt to keep it secret. So, this is us celebrating. I know I'm gonna get hoping for the boy or girl questions and my answer is, I would love to have a girl and a boy, the perfect American dream right? It would be amazng, but I'm kind of hoping I have a boy just because I'm already so much in that mode of cars and trucks and trains and pirates and bikes and you know, eevrything that makes up those wonderful little monster men we love. But I would really love to experience a girl also. And yes we already have names picked out...we've had a lot of time to think:)

So, this is our new life. There is bound to be some crazy challanges and on top of it all, Duane is job hunting again, still working but actively looking for new work. There are going to be lots of changes in the next year but all for the betetr and I welcome it all with open arms:)

2 comments:

LINDS said...

Congrats!!! Hope you are feeling well.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you wrote. My husband and I debated both times about if we should wait to announce we are preggo but we just couldn't. I love making it a celebration. Congratulations!!