Tuesday, August 26, 2008

terrible twos?

Here they come...the dreaded terribles twos. He is becoming more whiny, particular about what he wants and when he wants it, very vocal with his opinions and just plain exhausting. He reminds me of the nursery rhyme about th elittle girl with the little curl in the center of her forehead. "But when she was bad, she was horrid!" He is amazing most times but when it comes out it is just frustrating.



So, my conclusion is that he is either entering those terrible twos or going through a gigantic growth spurt. He had gotten rid of his mid-morning nap about 6 months ago and now*thank god* it has returned. He is asking for food at weird times of the day and is practically licking the plate at dinner. In fact...

for a while, i couldnt get him to eat anything but the last couple days, he ate a whole chicken breast...


and in fact, did lick the bowl clean


Haha...I am trying my very hardest though to stay calm and always say, "Kade use your words" when he starts to screech or whine. The weird thing is, he is awfully cuddly recently all at the same time. I just hope the temper tantrums subside and my perfect little monster is back.

In typing that, I just realized...I have my perfect little monster, I jut have to adjust and try my hardest to show him how to react to tension and animosity by remaining calm and speaking clearly. This too shall pas...lol

No comments: