Tuesday, September 30, 2008

103.9..yeah, thats right

So, in the middle of the...morning(haha), Tuesday morning...Kade woke up at 2:00 am and was abnormally hot. I didn't test his temperature because it was quite obvious that he had a fever, so I gave him some Tylonel and put him in bed with us. Enter 5:30 in the morning: wake up again, more medicine. Wakes up at 8:15 am with a burning fever and I realize that the thermometor got lost in the move. So, I run to the store where my son decides to puke all over himself and aisle 4. I run home, test his temperature and its 103.5. Give him more medicine, call the advice nurse and she suggests supossitories(sp?) since the Tylonel isn't touching that fever. So, I run back to the store and ease Kade's request to see his "noona" aka Duane's mom, so we go over to her house where he is zoning out and falls asleep. He wakes up seriously looking scary and pale and has a rash all over him and so I rush to the doctors, pay my stupid $100 co-pay(insurance is being sooo lame right now, thats a different post:) and take him back there, the doctor check his temperature at 103.9, give him a double dose of Tylonel, rushes him to the back, wraps him in warm towels to break the temperature and here is Kade, yelling at the top his his poor little lungs,"MOOOMMM, ALL DUM!!!!" And the nurses at this point must think I am horrible because he is so stinkin' cute yelling at the top of his lungs, I can't help but slightly smile. So, the fever breaks, crisis averted, and that sick little cuddly boy that I selfishly love is back. But STILL today, he refuses to eat food, he has something wrong with his mouth so it hurts when he eats or drinks, and today, he wouldn't sleep at all. It is actually quite the miracle that he is sleeping now and it's almost midnight. Each day is a surprise at this point. But hey, he is completely active today, whereas yesterday my poor man couldn't even stand without his knees buckling and to my sheer delight, he is still as cuddly as he is when he is sick.


Although, tomorrow will be day 3 without eating and if he refuses food, I'm gona have to take him back to the doctor.

Like I said, just another day in paradise:)

No comments: