Thursday, August 26, 2010

A's Games Galore

Comcast Sportsnet, the local cable sports network out here, held an A's tickets hunt where on Twitter, they tweet out clues and you basically hunt them down to find the 50 tickets. Well, Duane was in Stockton for jury duty and got an update to his phone that was a clue that he KNEW was Stockton at the Ports stadium. So, he went down and sure enough there they were. He ended up winning the tickets.

So, for the last couple of months, we have been trying to squeeze in as many A's games as possible, because they had to be used before September. After we went to a bunch of games and took large groups of people too on Friday, we still had 7 left over before the weekend. So, we decided we would take Kade for some Mama and Papa time on Saturday. We had SO much fun with him. We took him on BART which is the commuter train to the Bay Area. It was his first time and he was sooo cute about it. He really is such a special little man. He is so smart, so in awe of everything around him, so sensitive, so beautiful, so....I don't know how to explain it. So full of life. I am really glad we got to take him for some time with us.

Then on Sunday, we tried to give them away on Facebook and no one went for them, and we found out that Kade's favorite player, Gio Gonzolez was going to be signing autographs before the game, because it was Hispanic Heritage Day. So, there we went again. We ended up leaving last minute so missed meeting Gio, but Kade didn't notice. He was stoked about the train again and eating his hot dog:)

It was a busy weekend and I don't think I ever want to do 3 games a weekend again, but we did have lots of fun and it's been such a good summer being able to enjoy Duane's favorite past time, the A's!

This is the first game we attended this summer, they were $2 tickets so I jumped at that! Nice little date night:)




Ok, this one is hilarious. It's the first date night we had in like...a year. No really, not kidding. We were a little bit giddy to get out of the house!!!



This game was some awesome seats my mom bought for Father's Day for Duane previous to the ticket win.We were right behind home plate and got to meet the players and get lots of stuff signed, basically Duane was in heaven. It was also 70's Throwback night, so the A's wore their 70's uniforms aka BRIGHT YELLOW. The promotion upon getting in the coliseum was a free Joe Rudy jersey, hence the bright jerseys:)



This is a game we took Duane's family to. It was a day game, super hot and I got burned bad! I always forget to put sunscreen on myself, but slather my children up, will I ever learn?! I of course, forgot to take pictures, but we were walking through the tunnel and Duane and Kade looked so adorable. Kade is wearing another jersey they gave away that day:)


This was this last Friday. We took a group of Duane's friends from school, we tailgated and our best friend, Catherine and her daughter came with us too. Duane and Catherine are die hard A's fans, so they are really cute with their maching jerseys...let me just remind you of a certain picture really quick...

Ok, now that we're past that, here are a couple of pictures from that night...I'm just gonna prpare you, I couldnt find my makeup...yeahhh...that's how often I wear it:)



These ones are from Saturday night, my favorite game yet.

Walking out the door to go to the game!

Kade and Daddy on the BART

Kade is a little unsure about the train at this point, but SUPER excited.



My favorite picture of the night.



I didn't take any pictures on Sunday, because...well, I was kind over the games haha. It was a day game and I made the mistake of wearing a black shirt and dark washed jeans...yeahhhh, I don't know what I was thinking haha

So, that's all of them I think, we had a blast and Kade and Duane especially enjoyed the games. I'm really just there to cuddle with Duane when it gets cold and watch Kade get so happy. He now knows all of the players names and the chants/songs that go along with each player haha...wow, sucha mini Duane!

1 comment:

Chele said...

That's so cool, scavenger hunting for tix and Kade looks adorable decked out for the game!!!