Sunday, August 8, 2010

Memorial Day!

Every year for Memorial Day, we like to go camping. The last 2 years just didn't happen because of life and having a newborn. This year, we did it! My sister and her kids, her dad's side of the family, my best friend Rachel and her daughter Hailey, and us went up to Whiskeytown for a weekend of camping fun!

However, on the 3.5 hour drive up, about 1 hour from our destination Duane got a call that his Dad, who recently had a difibulator put in his heart, was in the hospital because it had become infected and he needd surgery to have it removed. His dad has congestive heart failure, so we decided the best thing to do was to go up to the campground, spend the night and Duane would go home in the morning. My dad was amazing as always and drove up and picked up Duane and left us with our car.

So that being said, the trip was challanging camping alone with 2 kids, one of which was newly mobile and realized he could actually walk away from me, but I wasn't really alone, I had my sister and best friend so it was ok. It was just a little bit difficult to contribute to camping duties and still keep a close eye on the babes.

We lounged around, drove up to Shasta Lake at Silverthorn resort, spent time there in Whiskeytown at the "beach" and had s'mores and campfires and made some awesome memories. It was such a fun trip, but kind of stressful. Safe to say, the next trip will be with Duane!

I didn't take really very many pictures except for when Duane was there, otherwise I didn't have a spare hand! haha. but I love the pictures I did get:)



No comments: