Monday, August 9, 2010

Fourth of July

We had a pretty calm June, so were gonna skip right over the the 4th!

We had planned to go to the Oregon coast with my best friend for the holiday to her families home there, but Duane had jury duty on Tuesday and we didn't want to have to speed back home. So we stuck around and, what do you know, we got sick. It started with Kade on Friday with the flu. I had been babysitting my nephew who was sick, so we knew it might come at some point. Then Saturday morning, it was my turn. Devastatingly sick and violently so. Then that night, it was Duane's turn and Sunday we were all really weak so we took it easy.

We started the day with Duane sleeping in and the kids and I going to the park here for the 4th of July breakfast. We then went home and I made the boys some shirts with the freezer paper stencil technique and then went to the parade that is held downtown here in Tracy. After some lunch, we headed out to Sacramento to visit my brothers, Scott and Shawn and their kids for the day. We swam and saw the fireworks together, which was super fun!

The only picture I took were at the parade, so once again, just the boys:)



No comments: