Monday, August 9, 2010

my favorite In The Know Moms

When I first became a mom, I heard about the site, cafemom through my sister-in-law. It is basically a networking site for moms where you can join different groups and talk to other women just like you. I joined a group called January 2007 Moms and Babies. Through that group, I joined another group called Fendi Moms, which was all about product obsession:) Basically we would discuss new and exciting products for mommy and baby and share our feelings on the products and go to each other when we had questions like,"Which double stroller should I get?" or "I'm looking for a dress for a wedding, I'm pregnant and have this body type, HELP!" We all formed friendships and a little community. The creator of the Fendi Moms group, Sarah and another mom from the group, Erin, branched off and created a website doing what we were doing, discussing the best, safest, and eco-friendly products for our babies, but on a much grander scale. The called the site, In The Know Mom. You've heard me talk about this site and my little blurbs I write every once and a while there. I am the only one with boys and basically asked to participate in the site, because I felt it was missing that perspective.

Since I've had so many questions about how it came to be, this is how I became connected with the site. We live all over CA and AZ and I love having them as friends! It's such an unlikely friendship and such a funny story how it all happened but I am really thankful for it. These ladies are basically my sounding board when I am sad or struggling with something and I trust them all with my deepest secrets and feelings. I hope to meet them all personally soon and spend some time together, because I love these ladies!

I have met one of the mommies, Jennifer. She is sweet, silly, and sarcastic like me and Kade and her oldest daughter are the same age and then her youngest and Kellan are a few months apart. We both have had similar struggles recently with life, which for me, at least has helped me a lot. Her hubby was working in a nearby town for a couple of months and her and her 2 girls came up to visit him and we got the opportunity to go to our favorite place, Superfranks! Of course I didn't get any pictures of the two of us(next time Jenn!!!) but I did get a couple of the kids. I have boys, she has girls, sooo needless to say, they ignored each other for pretty mucht he first couple hours we were there haha. Kade is pretty crazy and bouncing off the walls and her girls are silly and sweet, so I think they were a little confused at each other. BUT, just for proof to the world that they did briefly stand within a few feet of each other, I am documenting:)

I love this last picture, because of how Kade is holding onto her waist haha. It was so cute. Miss Maya is obsessed with mermaids, so Kade went around the Fish Tank room and got all of these little mermaid dolls for her. She had a huge arm full but mommy rained on her parade and told her she could only hold a couple haha



Look, photo op!!!! hahaha


I can't wait to visit again soon!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Love this post - obviously! Miss you, wish we could hang more. I love your kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh, love you too girl!

Erin said...

Awwww That was the sweetest post ever. I love you! :) I'm so glad Cafemom was there for all of us in the beginning. Love the pics!!